Pawnee Revisited and Reversed (plus almond-cranberry trail bars)
Life is full of contradictions. In the Boulder area, this is especially so when it comes to health and fitness. On any given day, you get Buddhists driving Hummers and locavores sipping imported coffees. You manage to feel like a slacker when elsewhere your race and activity agenda is still regarded as crazy and extreme.
- 1 cup raw or roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried flaked coconut (*optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- a couple of caco nibs (*optional)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Grind all ingredients, except for the honey, in a food processor until fairly fine but having some texture (not the consistency of peanut butter).
- Add honey and process just long enough for it to blend in.
- Press into a square about 3/4-inch thick on a plate or square pan and refrigerate for about an hour or more.
- Cut into 2-inch squares.